When is it OK to rip off copyrighted material? It all depends on the ambiguity of fair use. Difficult to define, but you know it when you see it. Here are some examples of fair use, as far as Unpublished Guy is concerned.
- Schindler’s List reimagined as a slapstick comedy
- Parody T-shirt of Aqua Teen Hunger Force drawn in the illustrative style of William Blake
- Squids on a Wing Pt II
- Kate Winslet’s naked elbow rendered in hues of blue and red
- The Trial by Franz Kafka as if it had been written by Vladimir Nabokov
- Midsummer Night’s Dream set in a modern country ruled by totalitarian dictatorship
- Time’s Arrow, except the main character is named Gerald Freund, instead of Todd Friendly
- Novelization of the movie Birdemic.
- Download copyrighted photo from Google images because it looked real cool and so I had to.
- People Farm
- Novel about a person that extracts long passages from best sellers and puts them in her novel about a man that extracts long passages from best sellers and puts them in his novel about GOTO 10