From crime drama TV, whether it be an OCD Monk or the latest schizophrenic, a great lesson can be learned about making memorable characters that seem real. Here are a few examples of different TV shows , courtesy of an alternate universe where all fish are herrings, that give a character a distinguishing feature.
- In Plain Sight is a dramatic TV series that revolves around an FBI agent with an intuitive ability to grasp the obvious.
- A young crime consultant for the Santa Barbara Police Department has arms and legs that he can use to pick things up and place them somewhere else, allowing him to convince people that he has telekinetic abilities. Combined with impressive detective skills, he uses his telekinetic abilities to solve cases. The program also stars Chris Rock as the best friend and reluctant partner, as well as Harry Hamlin as the father and a retired cop.
- A young CIA trainee, Fannie Runner, is sent out into the field to work at the Made-Up Division No One Ever Heard Of (MUDNOEHO). Louie Anderson, a tech operative with a dog face that can tell what you ate by smelling your breath, is well qualified to be Fannie’s guide in her new life.
- This series has a name that makes a good login password. It follows FBI Special Agent Donald Duck and his culinary genius brother, Richard Duck, who has a gun for some reason and helps Donald solve crimes for the FBI by cooking meals.
- A Mexican-Scottish science fiction/suspense series starring Emilio Estevez as Otto Maddox, a character who discovers that he has developed incontinent buttocks after a coma.
- A dramatic comedy from Metaversal Media Studios can be described as “part Friday the 13th, part The X-Files, part Freddy’s Nightmares, part Tales from the Crypt, and part Masterpiece Theater.” The distinguishing characteristic of the main characters, a man and a woman, is their capacity to ‘just be friends’.
- In Plain Sight
- Covert Affairs
- The Dead Zone
- Warehouse 13